Optelian is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Technical Project Manager to join its Engineering team under Optelian’s Versawave division. Versawave provides modulation components for high-speed data and high bandwidth optical transmission applications.
What makes Optelian different? You have a voice. Optelian recognizes success and wants to ensure that it helps you maximize your success both professionally and personally. Isn’t it time that you work for a company that recognizes you for what you achieve rather than just the bottom line? Join Optelian and experience the difference for yourself.
The Senior Technical Project Manager will plan and drive all internal and external deliverables related to the fabrication, qualification and deployment of our hi-speed electro-optics modulators. You will work directly with members of the development team and produce technical and status report for senior management. The Senior Technical Project Manager will report to the Versawave Division Business Unit Leader.
- Prepare and maintain project plans with input from product management, R&D, product marketing, operations, etc.
- Manage all phases of projects from design through to delivery
- Responsible for the tracking cost, schedule, and deliverables
- Reviewing status of projects and budgets, managing schedules and preparing technical reports and status updates
- Internally reporting the status updates of cost, schedule and deliverables to senior management
- Responsible for the planning and chairing of weekly project meetings
- Conducting risk assessment, monitoring issues and developing resolutions
- Acting as a liaison between senior management and the project team
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience
- Experience with electro-optics in semiconductors and satellite industries
- Good understanding of product development process – managing from end to end
- Ability to develop rapport with peers to maintain strong working relationships
- Masterfully uses organizational knowledge to maneuver through formal and informal channels to get things done quickly and effectively
- Previous experience interacting and reporting to the Canadian or European Space Agencies an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction
- Ability to lead productive meetings through preparation, leadership, and time management
To apply submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the subject line Senior Technical Project Manager.