Optelian is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Electro-Optics Engineer to join its Engineering team under Optelian’s Versawave division. Versawave provides modulation components for high-speed data and high bandwidth optical transmission applications.
What makes Optelian different? You have a voice. Optelian recognizes success and wants to ensure that it helps you maximize your success both professionally and personally. Isn’t it time that you work for a company that recognizes you for what you achieve rather than just the bottom line? Join Optelian and experience the difference for yourself.
- Development of optical semiconductor modulators for fiber optic communication
- Design and develop integrated packaged device solutions
- Oversee continuous improvement of existing products
- Drive RMA activities and perform failure mode analysis
- Ownership of Manufacturing BOM, Cost Reduction Plan, production yields and reporting
- Responsible for providing technical support to Sales and Marketing, Quality, Production as well as Customers
- Assist Purchasing Department in sourcing components and raw material, providing specifications and evaluating quality of vendors
- Establish and execute industry-specific verification and qualification plans
- Drive the Test and Process Engineering
- Apply statistical methods to evaluate current product and develop the products potential
- Lead small team of technicians and technologists responsible for product deliveries
- Minimum 5 years industrial experience in optical semiconductor product and development
- Masters or degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Mechanical Engineering
- Hands-on experiences with optical semiconductor design, processing and device characterization
- Experiences in working with remote contract partners
- Familiar with optical design software
- Able to use and develop Matlab and LabView
- Strong in semiconductor device physics, particularly optoelectronic/photonic devices
- Experience in taking product from design into manufacture
- High level motivation and initiative in a small team environment
To apply submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the subject line Electro-Optics Engineer.