Optelian is currently seeking an experienced Product Engineer to join its Engineering team under Optelian’s Versawave division. Versawave provides electro-optical modulation components for high-bandwidth and space-optics transmission applications.
What makes Optelian different? You have a voice. Optelian recognizes success and wants to ensure that it helps you maximize your success both professionally and personally. Isn’t it time that you work for a company that recognizes you for what you achieve rather than just the bottom line? Join Optelian and experience the difference for yourself.
The successful candidate will have direct influence on the design and manufacture of products for quality, reliability, and cost. The role involves working with our internal design team and with our suppliers (component, assembly, and test).
- Contribute to the micro-electro-optical realization of products
- Engineer and prepare assembly direction and instructions
- Identify critical to quality measures
- Work with Purchasing and Vendors to secure parts and services for the product
- Maintain/update the bill of materials (BOM)
- Prepare errata reports for components, and drive issues found to resolution
- Lead space qualification initiatives (components and the assembled product)
- Contribute to product enhancement ideas
- Contribute to the overall project plan
- Create, review and execute test plans and qualification plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to develop rapport with peers to maintain strong working relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction
Beneficial (considered an asset):
- Previous experience in the engineering of micro-electro-optics
- Previous experience in semi-conductors
- Previous experience in the development of products for space applications
To apply submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the subject line Product Engineer.