Optelian is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Product Engineer to join its Engineering team under Optelian’s Versawave division. Versawave provides modulation components for high-speed data and high bandwidth optical transmission applications.
What makes Optelian different? You have a voice. Optelian recognizes success and wants to ensure that it helps you maximize your success both professionally and personally. Isn’t it time that you work for a company that recognizes you for what you achieve rather than just the bottom line? Join Optelian and experience the difference for yourself.
The Product Engineer will contribute in a centralized role interfacing with customers and the sales team, and the design and production organizations and their support community. This role carries the responsibility of having an overarching technical knowledge and guild. The Product Engineer clearly understands the operation and applications of the Versawave product family and is able to present technical solutions to customers. By working closely with the design team and production teams, the Product Engineer can steer various aspects of the new products and guild and take part in the development of accessory products.
- Prepare technical data sheets and application notes
- Prepare technical responses to questions from customers
- Review and contribute to development plans, test plans, qualification plans, etc
- Contribute to the development reviews, design concepts, and direction setting for volume manufacturing
- Coordinate space qualification of the product line
- Consider enhancements to the product family
- Champion associated products to enhance the sales of the products
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in Communications or Semiconductor engineering an asset
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in optical communications with RF
- Experience with optical semiconductors and satellite industries a strong asset
- Ability to develop rapport with peers to maintain strong working relationships
- Previous experience in the development of products for space applications is an asset
- Previous experience interacting and reporting to the Canadian or European Space Agencies an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction
To apply submit your resume to email@example.com quoting in the subject line Product Engineer.